Demon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon

Nothing special, and not about demons.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Bird spinoff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Black Bird spinoff Empty
PostSubject: Black Bird spinoff   Black Bird spinoff I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm

(Sorry there is a lot of gray, I'm still working on it.)

So, like I've been saying. In the manga Black Bird, there are a few select humans in the world that are able to see spirits. These spirits are only a bother to the people who CAN see them. They enjoy small pranks, such as untying shoelaces, pushing down stairs, and pulling on hair. An extreme crowding of the spirits around anyone causes a sort of ill feeling, that will pass eventually.
The humans who can see spirits are either born with the ability, or gain it after dating a demon for a long time. The humans born with the ability are refered to (in the manga) as several things. Ex. immortal fruit, brides, princess, blah blah. At the age of 16, all demons can do two things to the poor human.
1) They can drink her blood to heal their body from anything, be it cuts, bruises, or poisons.
2) Demons can eat her flesh to gain immortality
However, there is a third option available only to the head of each clan.
3) Marry the girl, and have her be 'spirited away', which in turn will basically turn her into the type of demon which she marries. (For the sake of innocent typing, marriage involves a kiss in front of the current elder of the clan, not head of the clan...that's me.)
So as you can imagine, the poor human that turns 16 while being able to see the creatures, is going to be attacked by countless sorts of demons and creatures.

A few things about demons, according to the manga.
-extremely beautiful
-can turn into the demon of their clan (ex. tengu, kitsune, frogs for all you know...)
-posses magical powers according to the demon of their clan
-the head of a clan will have a group of 'bodyguards' which are refered to as "The Great [insert number of people here]"
-can erase memories and minds
-have serious family issues
-each clan contains what's called an 'immortal fruit record', it shows the future of the clan if the head marries the current 'immortal fruit' girl/boy

THAT was as much background as I could simplify for you.

Sadly, My character is going to be somewhat similar to the main character in Black Bird, because I think the Tengu are pretty badass now, what with their wings and ninja masks that look like beaks....(yes I know what a real Tengu looks like, I mean the mythical stuff). So if I refer to something from the manga on accident, it's because I'm addicted to it, and kept the clan type the same. Haha...
Back to top Go down
https://d-mon.rpg-board.net

Black Bird spinoff
Page 1 of 1