Demon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon

Nothing special, and not about demons.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Story.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:57 pm

"So even the nice, cool air, isn't enough to calm that hot temper of yours, Shoji?" Akihito whistled into the morning sun, he was always like this in the morning. Chipper. It was enough to put Shoji off the edge already.

"What's wrong with you? Don't you have to work or something?" Shoji rolled beneath the thick blanket on his futon. The rising sun was just barely cracking through a thin slit on the paper walls, it glowed ever so lightly over Akihito's smirking face, and down onto Shoji's bitter scowl.

"You mean about your cousin Megumi, fixing the garden, or preparing my master's breakfast?" Akihito's smirk grew into a laugh as he stood. He managed everything that went on within the estate and was the closest thing Shoji would dare to call a brother.

The previous night was a horror for the entire household. Megumi, Shoji's cousin, who was always after Shoji's title as Clan Head of the Tengu, had stopped by to visit. If it wasn't bad enough she made sure to completely destroy the garden in the back of the estate. The only thing that stood when it was done were the trees, it would take days to fix.

"Just help me up, Akihito." Shoji closed his eyes as two slender hands pulled him upright. It was moments like this in which the Head knew he was spoiled living here, but at the same time was only being treated with respect he had earned through years of a good sense for the clan.

"I saw something very interesting while on a stroll in town today." Akihito whispered into his master's ear. Shoji crossed his hands on the blanket, and nodded for the first of the Great Eight Tengu to continue with his message. The man kneeled, this time cupping his hand around his master's ear, so if anyone were to pass by they wouldn't overhear. "I saw a girl swatting at a group of spirits, who I've never seen before."

It was interesting indeed, Shoji paused to consider the odds. She couldn't really see them could she? It's so rare, and to happen so close by, almost impossible. The chances of it happening are just to great. He ran a hand through his morning mess of tangled black hair, his eyes looking at nothing as he thought.

"Do you think she can really see them?" Shoji whispered, his earlier morning rage completely gone, now that he had something interesting to think about after a night of terror.

"I do, and I think we should act on that sooner rather than later. Or else you know who may swipe her into his dirty paws." Akihito stood, pacing slowly to the door leading further into the estate. The 'You know who' being a Kitsune clan leader living nearby. If the Tengu knew, odds were, they'll figure it out soon enough. The Kitsune clan were smarter than that.

"Who else knows?" Shoji blurted. If it really was her, if she could see them, today would be most exciting.

"Mami is the only other one that knows. Would you like me to send her out?" Akihito's back faced Shoji now, just moments away from sliding the door open and slipping out to carry out his master's order.

"No." Shoji kneeled before standing on the hard tatami floor, his kimono slipped slightly over the edges of his shoulders in all his morning glory.

"No, master?" Akihito turned, his brown eyes staring in question at his master.

"If it really is her, I'd like to pick her up myself." Shoji pulled at his kimono, already preparing to make an outing. A new kimono was folded neatly before his feet, where it had been after one of the house tenants had placed it for the master. Black and gold, just perfect for the Tengu Head. "You will be coming with though. I wouldn't want to leave you out on this."

"Glad to come along, Shoji. When would you like to head out?" Akihito slid the door open as Shoji glided past, his face lit with excitement, small bursts of adrenaline coursing through his body. This was the Shoji Akihito remembered signing up to guard.

"Now." Shoji sped down the hall with Akihito following close, past the kitchen where Nao was preparing breakfast. It smelled of miso and rice as he went past.

"Ah, master Shoji! Breakfast is almost ready." Nao stumbled over his words as he stirred a pot of what must've been the miso soup.

Shoji stopped, and walked calmly over to the boy, who trembled before him. He had always been that way, cautious when he didn't need to be.

"Good morning Nao."

"G-good morning, master Shoji. I was just about to prepare some fish, and b-breakfast will be ready." Nao looked away, his face turning hot in embarrassment. Oh why did he have to speak up, he wondered.

"But you're out of fish, and I was about to go get some." Shoji said slowly to the kid, who only continued to tremble.

"B-but we have some, right there." Nao nodded over to a large skillet, filled to the brim with pieces of fish. With one small nod to Akihito, Shoji continued out the main door, while Akihito took it upon himself to throw the fish out of a nearby window.

If it is you, please come with me. I will protect you from the demons, but only if you say yes, so please. If you can see them, girl, don't hesitate to follow me home.

Back to top Go down
https://d-mon.rpg-board.net
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:47 am

Sleep...It was perhaps the only place in her own universe where she wasn't constantly being harassed by spirits. It was where things seemed to actually go right for once. It was her sanctuary.

Green eyes shot open with an instant look of despair. She was sprawled on a bluisg green comforter. She could have swore she had been sleeping with her head facing the headboard..not the floorboard. It didn't matter. It was one of the many things she had to get used to. Especially ever since her parents had sent her to this japanese vacation home. 'you need to get over these spirit sightings honey' her mom told her before she had gotten on the plane.

Long legs swiftly flipped over towards the ground but soon came baxk up just as quick after feeling the cold wooden flooring. "the japanese are crazy," she muttered under her breath remembering she 'respectfully' had left her shoes outside. A few inaudible curses were sent through the air in front of her as she made her way up. Long brown hair tumbled down the sides of her face leading a little bit under her collarbone in little waves.

Wooden doors opened cautiously as she tiptoed to the kitchen. What better to cheer you up than the sight of-

Before she could even complete her thought her face suddenly made direct contact with the floor. Her foot moved in a small circle from its current position managing to find the object in question. Her shoes. Clearly some trickster spirit had pulled them in front of her feet. She normally would have seen it but her sleepy eyes wouldn't even be able to detect a cow. Which reminded her that she was still on the ground.

After managing to shake out her surprised limbs she got up and pixked up the tortured shoes and threw the shoes somewhere near the door. Before anything else could happen she jumped into the kitchen and opened the cubboard. Ramen..a ton of it...its all her parents stocked up on asides from the many goodies she had stored away. Chocolate...sweets...anything. It seemed chicken flavor would have to do.

Being as paranoid as she was all she could find herself doing is avidly watch the around her easily notixing several devious eyes looking back at her causing an immediate frown on her part "There in no way in hell you guys are touching my food....someday I promise to call an american priest on you guys" she threatened with the will power of some god. The only effect was leaving some of them with challenged grins as they scurried away.

Breakfast in peace. Wonderful. It reminded her of that one afternoon...him. The one that made them all go away.....the one that would help make everything better. If only he could take her away. Not like the sprits would miss her. She could only scoff at the thought.

(Sorry that sucked. I i am a bit tired. Typing is hard on this...)
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Shoji hadn't even made it past the kitchen before being pulled aside by Yuji, the Sixth of the Great Eight. This guy was only obsessed with how to please a lady, or four. Not that Shoji had any objections of course. There wasn't a male on this planet who didn't like the things Yuji was into.

Apparently, leaving the house 'all dressed up like a priest', in Yuji's exact words.

Now, strolling down the narrow backstreets of town, a group of the Tengu men paraded in their nicest black suits. Compliments of Yuji, a few years ago.

"Isn't this much better, Sho-chan?" Yuji purred, his eyes chasing every woman through the streets as if he had x-ray vision. By the way he shifted, the group could tell he was trying to peel off their clothes from behind a pair of aviator shades. Why did he come along?

"Yuji, I feel ridiculous." Shoji took one stride forward, heels covered in the latest leather shoes. His crimson button up stretched, just barely, across his chest. Gods above, every head turned to stare. This was Shoji, the reserved man who lived up in the mountains to care for the temples. And now, his black mess of hair was blown back, pulled, to reveal the sharp edges of his beautiful face. He just wished there was a dark pair of shades to cover his own face.

"Master Shoji, you'll have to put up with it for now. There." Akihito, dressed in a casual business like suit, motioned to a house at the end of the street. Barely, through a crack in the shades, a girl was preparing breakfast. A foreigner, too, by the looks of it.

Perfect

Shoji turned to his group and pulled aside Mami and Madoka. Mami had her long brown hair, normally in a tight braid, tossed into a loose bun. Thin glasses sat barely on the edge of her nose, she was similar to Akihito in that she was also wearing a business suit. Madoka, bright red hair bouncing, stared up with her silver eyes, glad to finally get some attention from the Head. Madoka was not one of the Eight, but a sibling of one. She followed Shoji out the front door, and had been waiting all night to do it.

"Mami, Madoka, I know what we're going to do. I just have to confirm something first." Shoji grabbed each of the girl's hands with one of his own and led them out of the alleyway. Heads turned to the three, extremely gorgeous people.

By the time Shoji reached the door, his arm was now positioned over Mami's shoulder, and Madoka stood in front of him. He took his free hand and rapped his knuckles against the front door. From the window he could see the brown haired girl rise, and move out of view.

The plan was simple enough. The busy parents needed a babysitter for the day, so they would drop off their child with another girl in the neighborhood. After all, a newcomer could use the money, and the company. In actuality, Madoka just had to figure out for sure if she could see the spirits.

The door opened as cautious eyes peered up at the pair. Shoji smiled, "Good Morning."

(It does not suck! By the way, I'm going to do my best to introduce ALL of the Eight, within a few posts, alrighty?)
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Finally, the awaited beep of the microwave sung straight to her brain. The ramen she was all so looking foward to. After pulling the dish out of the heat trap she reached down shuffling through plastic dishware until she could find a fork. Plastic? You may ask but she found herself worthless as to chores. Sure she had actual glassware but it was in another set of cubboards across the room.

Attemping to take a few bites proved quite futile after scalding hot water burned her poor taste buds into mere submission. Quite a sight to be held after the few whimpers coming from her wide open mouth and the fact that she started pacing the room anxiously waiting for some moment's cure before resorting to pulling her hair back and dunking her head under the water waiting for the stream to reach her tongue.

But of course a few minutes later she found herself returning to the ramen with a slightly defeated expression. 'whats the point of eating when your tastebuds are too burnt to actually enjoy the food?' she thought sullenly.

A minute later she heard a weird tapping at her door. She hadn't been expecting anyone. Even more pesty was the fact she could see all the spirits peering from all different doorways actually looking quite disturbed themselves. 'Good company' she added with a momentary coy smile before she remembered the door and went over to it cautiously.

Slowly she opened the door finding what seemed to be a quite youthful family of residents. Each being quite gorgous in their own way. Even the man. To be honest he looked perhaps comparable to all the sweets in all the world. So did his wife and who she presumed to be daughter.

Quickly shaking herself she managed to finally speak, "oh good morning. How may I help you?" She asked oddly not sure of what to make of the family asides from how in comparison she almost felt like prey..
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Under the pressure of her master's arm, Mami shifted uncomfortably. It wasn't that she was uncomfortable herself, but the man playing her brother was her master, not a toy. She wanted to get back to organizing records, and chatting with the rest of the household. However, when the door opened, she smiled at the young girl and went back to the charade. (sp)

"Ah yes, good morning! My name is Mami Maruyama, and this is my brother, Shoji Maruyama." Mami smiled at the girl.

"Yes. My sister and I were going out of town for the day, family matters," Shoji started, his voice attempting to sound as alluring as could be. "We were curious if our new neighbor might look after Mami's daughter, say hello Madoka."

"Nice to meet you." Madoka bowed, her red hair falling to the sides of her face, and springing back to their usual misplaced spot. "My name is Madoka, I just turned thirteen years old! How old are you"

"M-me?" The girl paused, as if wondering if she should say anything at all to the strangers.

"Now Madoka-chan, it isn't polite to ask for a woman's age." Shoji winked, before flashing a set of perfect pearly whites. Casually, he drifted from leaning on his supposed sister's arm, to the entry way of the house. "How about it? We'll pay you 700 yen every hour, sound good?"

Through liquid brown eyes Shoji smiled at the girl, there was something about her that seemed familiar. But it wasn't important. For now, he just had to figure out if she could see the spirits and play the part of 'brother'.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Neighbors? The thought struck her a bit odd for the moment before her attention was brought back to the man. His sister? Oh! For some reason at the moment that seemed greatly relieving. But of course she would need to get a handle on herself.

She found herself completely bewildered at the excitabl questions coming from the girl's mouth. At first she felt so overwelmed that she could only mumble out a sinle word before being charger with extra questions.

"Um sir it's okay if asks my age...i am not offended" she said sweetly before adding, "I can understand. If you guys want to go out I would be welcome to let her stay" she smiled finding herself with an almost glazed over expression as she watched the man. She could not believe how something almost seemed to pop up in her thoughts but was carried away carelessly.

Noticing the small sudden silence she mentally punched herself at the careless thought of not even introducing herself, "My apologies. I have not even introduced myself. My name is Sophia..but you can just call me Sophie..I am new to this area and only at the age of 16..yet I have been told I look a bit older" After she spoke these quick words, paranoia struck causing her to look behind her once more. But to her happiness. No spirits. How odd.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:02 pm

"Ah, sweet sixteen. Good times." Shoji remembered a few memories from his past. Tengu don't age the same as humans do, but when he appeared sixteen was when Shoji first met Akihito. They hated each other, but it got better.

"Brother, we're going to be late." Mami elbowed Shoji lightly. From behind the thin glasses she was glaring, although there was a sweet grin on her face. "Bye now Madoka, be good to the nice girl."

Madoka could be a bit much. Sending in her brother, Hisoka, would have been much easier. But he was nearly impossible to track down this early in the morning. Due to the recent destroying of the garden, the boy was probably doing his best to fix it up. Barely two words would pass out of his mouth, and neither one would be rude. Madoka, however, could explode if a spirit got too close to her. It's how it was though, Madoka would be sent to stay, and monitor the house.

"Oh, right. We should head out." Shoji pretended to look at the watch on his wrist, that wasn't actually there. "We'll be back in a few hours to pick her up."

"Bye Mami, bye ma--" Madoka caught herself before saying 'master' and blowing what little cover she had, ", uncle Shoji."

In a well rehearsed, faked scene of compassion, Mami hugged her daughter, telling her to be a good girl, before walking back down the street to where Yuji and Akihito were waiting.

"She's cute." Yuji's eyes must've been staring the whole time, his glasses slid down his face and onto the edge of his nose.

"Hands off pervert!" Mami slapped him across the face, her face turning red. She fumed silently.

"What would you like to do, master Shoji?" Akihito pulled at the collar of his shirt, and cleared his throat. He never was one for waiting.

"I know how easily you'll get bored, so all of you can go home. I'll be fine right here." Shoji ran a hand through his hair, "Now we wait."
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:42 pm

Watching the siblings say goodbye reminded her all too much of what she herself was told before boarding the plane to Japan. They left her with money and a shelter but with only the campanionship of little tricksters who cannot even talk it was harrible. Considering this family was the first who even came by she felt excited.

As the older siblings left she quickly Madoka in, and shut the door. She turned to look at the child who only three years younger looked like a 9 year old. "So kid what do you want to do?" She asked nervously unsure with how to handle her.

"I know! Lets play a game, how about..Dance Dance Revolution" she said earning a confused look. "Oh...never played? Well I will teach you.."

After retrieving everything she needed she turned on the tv causing loud beat music to play from the game.s main menu. It was just what any type of babysitting job needed.

After having about 30 minutes of her teaching and watching the girl was enough to make her want to grab two glasses of water for the both of them. As soon as she retrieved both glasses she proceeded to fill them with water.

But on her way backshe felt something heavy hit her from behind, making her release both glasses. One by one they both shattered leaving glass sprawled at her feet. Then without warning the same force knocked her down. Hands went down to catch herself and with impact cried out. Within 10 seconds the music stopped and the girl ran over and helped her sit up.

"What happened?" The girl asked before grabbing her hands and started rubbing the palm clearly ignoring the blood.

"Thoses stupid spiri-" before she could finish she realized she was only talking to a 13 year old. Not her mother...like Christmas. Coyly she coughed masking the last word, "my fault" she mended with a smile.

The next ten minutes consisted her minor glass shards being removed, included several bandages wrapped around her hand. She decided that staying on the couch for a few minutes after cleaning the glass wpuld be safer. Now she could only hope she wouldnt seem like too much of a fool now.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Back at the estate, an awkward silence filled the dining room air. Mami, Yuji, and Akihito all filed through the door and sat down in their fancy suits and skirts. No one even bothered to ask what they'd been doing, and Nao had to go back to cooking after Akihito handed him a large fish. He'd picked it up on the way home.

"Welcome back!" Ryo, the Seventh of the Great cheered. His stomach grumbled soon after.

"Yes, welcome!" Ryuu, the Eight of the Great cheered with equal excitement as his older brother.

"Thanks boys." Yuji grinned, and took a seat on the floor between the two. The short table, as long as the entire room was, was plenty large enough for everyone in the house. Eleven total people lived in the house, but this was the only place they could all see each other at once.

"Breakfast should be r-ready soon. It's just that..." Nao mumbled, too quiet for anyone to hear well. He recalled the morning's events, when Akihito threw his fish out the window and a cat had come by to grab the pieces. "It was the catch of the day...oh well."

Mami and Akihito stood in the open doorway, they'd eaten on the way back. A small ramen stand opened early so they figured, why not? Akihito knew breakfast would be late anyway. The early morning had already stretched itself into the late afternoon.

"I'm starved, who the hell decided to throw my breakfast outta the window? I'll kill the bastard." Katsu, the oldest, strongest, and most stubborn of the Great Eight, falling in line as the Third, grumbled. Even as an old man he found no interest in woman, only fighting and training. The only soft spot he had was for stumbling Nao. He'd said many times how Nao had the potential, but would go on to say what a whining kid he was. An unlikely pair anyone would point out. Nao never seemed to mind old Katsu's complaining.

"I did." Akihito raised a slender hand, his face stayed neutral.

"Ah. Well go cook then, I'm hungry." Katsu grumbled once more. He sat alone at the farthest end of the table, grumbling and rambling about how hungry he was. At this point he'd been ignored.

"Has anyone seen Hisoka?" Mami glanced around the room, the boy wouldn't speak up for himself even if he were here.

"He's out fixing the garden. I was going to help him after breakfast." Ryo said.

"Me too! But Nao is so slow." Ryuu whined, falling back lightly against the floor.

"Quick picking on poor Nao! If you don't like how slow he is, go cook." Mami scolded, waving a finger in their faces. "Honestly, you should be ashamed."

"Sorry Mami." Ryo and Ryuu teased at the same time. Even if they weren't twins, they sure acted like it.

Mami sighed. She took off the jacket of her business suit and tossed it to the floor. "Here Nao, let me help." She picked up a pan and started to cook. Nao blushed beneath his shaggy brown locks.

"Thanks."

Appearing for the first time in the morning was Ren, the Second of the Great, who was being sleepily led by his brother Hisoka. You could tell they were related by looking at the red hair, and silver eyes. The only one missing was their sister, who was on a stakeout mission at the moment.

"I found him outside." Hisoka stated. It was rare he even opened his mouth, but he even continued to talk, only because it was his brother. "He was sleeping in a tree."

"Megumi was being too noisy, what's wrong with finding a safe place to sleep?" Ren brushed the crud from his eyes and yawned a few times before sitting down next to his brother. In a daze, he looked around the table.

There were Mami and Nao by the kitchen, Katsu in the corner, the trio (Yuji, Ryo, and Ryuu), opposite of him, Akihito to his right, and Hisoka to his left. So where was the master and his sister?

"Where's Madoka and master Shoji?" Ren asked, yawning.

"That's what we were just about to tell you." Akihito said. Finally glad they could get down to business.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm

It wasn't much longer before Madoka came over to the couch and plopped on the cushion next to her own. She looked over to the girl and sighed. "best workout ever...right?" She asked laughing. She hadnt had this much fun since she hosted her own sweets party.

Bing! Sure it might not be recommended from Madoka's parents, she felt the right to express her love of chocolate to her. With a grin she grabbed Madoka's arm and pulled her into the kitchen. With her other hand she gripped the fridge, but pulled her hand back with a sore expression. "woops my bad" she said softly before reaching out with her right arm to open it up.

What was inside was mixed boxes of variety chocolates directly in the middle pushing all the other things aside. "Behold my treasure cove!" She announced with pride before taking out a fresh box. Afterwords walking them both back to the couch.

"Lets think...i think you are gonna like this chocolate strawberry mix" she said delicately taking a triangle shaped chocolate with red swirls above it and handed it to Madoka. She took half a bite and looked at the other half's filings. A quick smile spread across the thirteen year olds face as she literally seemed to inhale the rest.

After seeing her reaction she took out a dark chocolate piece for herself, inhaling it as well. As soon as she finished, Madoka bravely took another out eating it excitedly. Together the two ate the box of chocolates, starting simple conversations. Mainly on what she was doing here and small things about her family.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 pm

"I'll be there in a few minutes Akihito, Nao and I are still cooking." Mami willed the fish to cook faster, a power she sadly did not posses.

"It's alright, you can still hear." Akihito rose his voice above all the chatter, eight expectant heads turned his way. All were curious about this morning's mission with the master. The room fell silent, excluding the noise of food simmering on the stovetops. "We're following up on the possibility that a young girl can see spirits."

The silence was broken just like that. Grumpy Katsu had a glimmer of the hunt in his eyes, imagining all the ways he could use the girl's body to gain immortality...if he were the Head. Ryo and Ryuu were screaming questions out. Who is she? Where does she live? What's the master going to do about it? Hisoka, the youngest in the room, just stared quizzically.

"We're not certain." Mami said from the stove. The food was done, and would hopefully calm everyone down. "We sent Madoka in this morning, and we're losing quite a bit of money too. Seven hundred yen per hour...ludicrous."

"Huh. I thought someone was missing, right 'Soka?" Ren scruffed his younger brother's hair.

"If she really can see spirits, what do you want us to do about it?" Ryo asked.

"Well. That's up to the master." Akihito sighed. It would be much safer just to adopt the girl into the household. It would be safer, and easier, if she really could see and if worse came to worse, Shoji could erase her memory.

"Why is she important?" Hisoka looked up to his brother, Ren, and stared. He didn't understand the importance in any of this. The garden was calling to him.

"Well 'Soka, these people who can see spirits, they're special. I mean everything about them is special, their blood, their skin, everything." Ren said factually. "If you drink their blood, all of your wounds will be healed--"

"Eat them alive and you're body will become immortal." Katsu smirked from his side of the room.

"But if the head of the clan marries her, it brings prosperity to the clan as a whole. At a price of course." Nao stated. In his hands were two large bowls of white rice, being followed by miso soup and plates of fish as the main dish of the day. "However, it comes at a price. The bride will be spirited away, and her body will change drastically. For example, she would turn into a Tengu if she married our master."

"Everyone will be after her." Mami said. "So we have to get to her first."

---------------------------

Hot.

It's so hot.

Shoji, in his true form, and managed to find the perfect spot to spy on the girls. The only problem being it was high in the air, and the sun was directly overhead. He didn't dare raise his black feathered wings to shade the heat in fear someone may see. His crimson eyes watched carefully.

"Chocolate? For Madoka?" He sighed dramatically. "That's not good for anyone."

From a distance Shoji thought he felt something, something dangerous. There wasn't a good enough scent to go by, and he couldn't see. But if he had one guess it would be the Kitsune.

"I suppose it's time to pick up my niece." Shoji pulled the wings into his back and jumped down from the roof, startling a passing man. That dangerous feeling was closing in faster, the Head felt as if he was walking too slowly, even as he ran for the front door.

Before he could place a hand on the door, a wolf sprinted down the street, stopping just feet away from Shoji. It snarled in his face and started to howl.

"Tch. Just one of you so far." Shoji raised a hand to the wolf and focused his power towards it. With pulse of the hand, it's memory was fried, and it stopped howling. It's large, furry head, shook before running back the way it came. Although it was the first, Shoji could tell the rest were coming.

Calm and collected, Shoji knocked on the door like he had hours ago. He put an appealing smile on his face and waiting for the click of the lock.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 am

"Hey, im stepping outside for a minute to get fresh air" she told Makona before handimng the rest of the box to her and then getting up. After striding a few steps a spirit darted in front of her, barely even giving herself even the slightest look.

"Sophia, are you okay?" Makona asked playfully, turning her head around to look at her. (This is probably where she sees Sophia staring at the spirit.)

"Yeah im okay, I was just thinking about something" she said dismissively as she reached the door. Her so called backyard only had 10 feet of empty un fenced land before it led into woods. It was pretty scenery.

During this time was when Makona heard knocking on the door, "Master!" She called out accidently before placing the half empty chocolate box under her arm, and then undoing the lock. Opening the door she saw Shoji with perhaps on of his more charming smiles on his face. Expecting the girl perhaps? "Sir, she is out ba-"

--

Standing outside and seeing spirits is one thing, but the snarling wolf at her feet really had her caught off guard. Even worse? Within seconds of just staring at the thing and no sooner was there a man in a red kimono. If only looks could kill she would have been dead. Despite any training of calmness she was taught in judo. She was not prepared for this.

"Oh dear sweet woman...the blood that stains your hand, and the people that surrounds you...you must be special...enough to eat...my little rabbit!" The creature lunged and she was still only too stunned to move. Deer in a headlight much?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 am

"Sophia!" Shoji burst through the front door, nearly knocking over the poor child. But he could sense it. Kitsune, they were here, right now.

"Master, may I?" Madoka didn't wait for the response. She only responded after her master's wings shot out of his back faster than any bullet, his eyes burned a bloodthirsty red. They craved the blood of a Kitsune.

Shoji could've been flying as he jumped onto Sophia, tight arms wrapped around her body in a protecting embrace as the wolf lunged. Barely, he'd made it. The creature bit onto Shoji's shoulder with an iron jaw, crooked teeth sank further into his skin.

"Master!" Madoka screamed, she threw her hands in front of her and sent the beast flying with the force of the wind. Blood seeped from his body onto Sophia's back. "Master are you alright?"

"You still call this pathetic sparrow your master?" The Kitsune man laughed in the girl's face. From his side he pulled a katana from it's sheath and gripped it tight between his rough hands. "You'd call a murderer, master? As I recall, he slaughtered his own mother. What kind of sparrow would do that to his own kind?"

"Lies..." Shoji cried out, it was all lies. A Kitsune spy killed his mother, not him! "They're all...lies."

His vision blurred, everything seemed red. There was pain in his arm, unbelievable pain. Somewhere in that vision though was special blood, her blood. Thank the gods, she'd cut her hand.

"I'm sorry Sophia, but I need to borrow some of this..." Shoji weakly lifted her trembling hand off the ground and placed his cold lips to the palm of her hand. A small stream of blood made it to his mouth. Never before had he tasted a spirit girl's blood.

It fell into his mouth, warm and sweet, and like a shockwave it pulsed into his body. The pain in his shoulder evaporated within seconds, and an immense surge of power rocked his body head to toe. Slowly, he stood, leaving Sophia behind him.

"So it's true." The Kitsune man said. Katana still drawn in his hands.

She really was the girl.

"Eiji." Shoji's eyes flared a new brilliant red. "She's mine. Get out of here before I cut your throat through. As you can see, I'm stronger."

"Perhaps, but..." Eiji, the Kitsune man, shot a quick glance to Madoka, who fluttered uselessly in the doorway. "...you can't defend them both, can you?"

Eiji launched himself forward, and sliced through the air. Blade met flesh as Madoka's arm was shredded by the sword. She screamed and dropped to the floor. It was too fast, before Shoji could turn Eiji sunk his fangs into the young Tengu's arm. Kitsune poison, she would either die, or if she'd lived through it, be unaffected. She screamed even louder, "Master!"

"...I'm sorry Madoka." Shoji said calmly under is breath. The power still hummed in his body like a tune. With one hand steadily raised, he pulled the sword from his enemy's hand and used it to stab him in the gut.

"Tch. Just my luck." Eiji left the sword in his body as he retreated.

"Master...I...." Madoka's eyes stared open at him, she was still alive. Shoji did what he could, attempting to suck the poison from her body, but her arm.

"Madoka, it's alright. Everything is going to be alright." Shoji shook, he would not let her die.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 am

All in a moment was the wolf-creature now lunging towards her. His jaws ever getting closer. Arms shot up in a futile attempt to cover her face, knowing full well if this man was capable of turning into a wolf, he could rip through her flesh instantly.

But before the creature could reach her, she felt a warm embrace. A heavenly touch that still caught her off guard, letting her drop her hands. What caught her off guard were the bright red eyes that gazed...almost worriedly, yet had the 'look that could kill' factor. Another thing odd were the wings behind him that pulled closer to him after he must have jumped in to save her.

But then in an instant were iron jaws locked into his shoulder, ripping his flesh with what seemed effortless power. The sudden sight caused Sophia to lose her breath, and not being able to do anything it caused her to feel useless.

But as if hearing her own calls, she could hear another voice, calling Shoji her 'master'. As she turned around she noticed it was Madoka. Wait, was it a Japanese thing to call people your master? It was a thought that should have been help for later as a sudden whistle of air seemed to be in the palm of Madoka's hand as she thrust it into the creature, sending it backwards.

In the meanwhile, she could notice Shoji's shoulder was bleeding more, causing blood to roll down her shoulder, staining a green tank top, and visibly down to her elbow. Not sure what else to do, she looped her good arm slightly around him, so if he did fall maybe she could catch him. This was too much blood to be losing.

Suddenly a different voice called out, one that once more gave her chills down her spine. As she looked out for the wolf-man, she noticed him pull out a katana as he called out a few things too him. Everything stuck to her..was he talking about Shoji?

She looked down back at the man in her arms, this could not be a murderer could it? It was odd asking now that he almost truely looked evil, but how would she be able to tell. Nothing seemed right anymore. It was almost a literal flop of what used to be a not so normal world of hers.

Then as she continued to look at Shoji, she could obviously see the pain marked in his face, pain that looked to be so unbearable for him. Somewhere in her chest, her heart called out in guilt, and worry for this man. Something about him looked so familar, if only she could remember.

He spoke to her, and at that moment giving her the moment's hope, but asking to borrow something? What did she possibly have that would mean anything to him?

The answer was quickly shown as he picked up the poorly bandaged hand, and brought his lips up towards her bloodied palm. Blood flowed into his mouth, and for a moment it looked almost like he was joyed.

Her eyes shot over to the wolf-man as he muttered a few words, and to her horor they must have been about her.

Eiji, the wolf-man. Shoji said that, causing her to worry, and to the next few words, she wasn't sure if she should be flattered or scared once more. Who were they to stake claims?

At Eiji's threat to Shoji, he lunged with sword at hand, cutting into Madoka's arm. The blade tore through it, causing nausea to roll through her at the sight, so worried at the same time. Madoka's call out to her master filled Sophie with fear as Shoji ran over, and stabbed the man.

Still sitting down on the stained grass below her, she could only find herself even more troubled at the fact that she couldn't find herself the strength to move. She wasn't sure weither (sp) or not to run away as the wolf-man did, finding herself to Shoji being as dangerous as he said he was.

Her legs refused to carry her away. Her eyes lingered on the body of Madoka as Shoji lowered his head, attempting to suck something out of her body, but she didn't know what.

They were only a little bit away from her, but pain held tight to her expression, as she cautiously moved an inch closer. Tears filled up the corner's of her eyes in the moment's fear as she couldn't find her eyes looking away from Shoji. They looked of wondering, only hoping if everything truely was going to be all right. But at the same time, looking for answers.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:21 pm

Damnit!

Madoka's body, her frail small Tengu form, was growing colder with each minute that passed. Not even all the blood in Sohpia's body could heal this wound. Well, it could, but that would mean losing prosperity for the clan. Saving Madoka over the clan wouldn't sit well with the elders.

Before Shoji had any time to face the frightened Sohpia, half of the Great Eight filed through the backdoor, stumbling upon the three. Akihito and Mami were very calm, as two of the Great Eight it was their job to serve the master, they couldn't afford to do anything else, even for Madoka. Katsu knew that with a fight always came a sacrifice, so he too was silent.

Ren, Madoka's elder brother, was absolutely horrified. On the ground his sister, barely breathing, was bleeding out. "Madoka!" He shoved his master aside and scooped the girl in his arms, forcing her wings back into her body. "I'm taking her to a hospital."

"Wait! Show some respect for your master!" Katsu grumbled at the boy, stupid in his eyes for knocking over his injured master. There was blood everywhere. "Can't you see he's injured?"

"Katsu, it's fine. Ren go." Shoji was starting to get irritated. If only he'd just taken Sohpia right away, none of this would've happened. "I'm not injured."

While Akihito and Katsu attempted to tend to their master, who only yelled back at this point, Mami casually walked over to the girl and sat beside her. Being the only femal here she thought it would be better, easier, to bond with Sophia. At this point she would've have much choice about her life, so why not start with a friend?

"Sophia, is it?" Mami didn't look at her while she spoke. "I'm here to answer any questions you have, but first to tell you what's going to happen to you."

The girl stayed silent, probably not unphased by the recent attack.

"You're a special child, one that only appears every hundred years, usually longer. Your blood, your fle--I mean skin, and your future children, are very important to us. It's not up to me however, to reveal what we are." Mami sat with her legs now crossed, her hands neatly folded themselves into her lap. "You'll be attacked far worse than this. So we're going to take you to the estate. There, you'll be safe, a barrier guards the entire lot and you'll be free to live a normal life."

Normal... If only that's the way it could be.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Just as she was sitting there with the light tears in her eyes, all she could think of was Madoka, and how she must have been the one to put her is so much danger. It was all her own fault..

Suddenly a group of people rushed through her home, and out the back, rushing towards Shoji, and Madoka. Most of the group was very calm, while one in peticular was quite disturbed. He managed to push Shoji out of the way, which caused a bit of confusion in her considering Shoji didn't look too good himself.

What the boy said made sense, but to be honest she was worried for the young girl, she wanted her to survive. Maybe it was too late....

A rough voice shouted out at the boy who shoved Shoji, and then eyed him. Obviously he was injured, but the girl must have meant something important to the boy. Family even. Shoji quickly ended the discussion, but part of her wasn't sure if he really was not injured still or not. Shoji didn't seem very pleased at this point.

During the yelling session, she merely placed her head on her knees, trying to get rid of the horrible images in her head. The impossible things, all the blood. The blood was the worst part of it all.

Not noticing one of them had sat down next to her, she found herself a bit shocked, not yet knowing what to do. Was it safe being this close even? But all she heard was a small request of her name.

At this point, all she could do was nod, even though the woman wasn't even looking at her. But the rest of her statement is what really got her. Quietly, she listened to what the woman had to say, finding no sense in what was said.

Suddenly, she heard something that worried her to the point of sitting up straight, and looking over worriedly to the woman as all her thoughts arose.

"What do you mean, I am going with you? If those things are trying to kill me, I am obviously putting all of you in danger, Madoka is a just a little girl!" She shouted, loud enough for probably the whole group to hear.

"Even if I am this 'special' person, I can deal with it alone, I don't want to put anyone else in danger, you all aren't human! How will I live a normal life when all I see are spirits, and people with wings on their backs?" She asked hysterically, trying to keep a cool head, but honestly a bit worried with the situation. After shaking her head, she just buried her head into her knees in a fit of confusion, letting slips of brown hair tickle past her face, hidingly.

How do these people expect me to be okay with this? I just want to be normal!...
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:36 pm

"I know it's hard, Sophia." Mami wrapped an arm around the girl and pulled her in. After some resistance she coaxed her to lean her crying self on her shoulder. Everyone knnew this wasn't going to be easy, it's not like they could just take her. Sohpia has a life too. "It's hard on you, but you can't stay here."

Shoji had had enough of this. Katsu dared to insult him on lack of discipline, Akihito wouldn't let go of his arm. Even if he was covered in blood, it didn't mean he was still injured. This was the girl, and she'd healed him. Even if it was a little late for Madoka. His body was in better health even, the special blood still ran through his veins. It's power felt amazing.

Slowly, his brow furrowed and his lips thinned, tight from irritation. They were leaving. Now.

"Katsu, I want you to follow Eiji." Shoji ordered the man, who stopped his insults and bowed, "I don't care how far he's gotten. Don't come back without information."

"Yes Master."

"Akihito, gather everyone together in the dining room. Tell Nao to prepare lunch for our guest. If possible, get someone to prepare a room." Shoji wasn't leaving here without the girl.

"Yes Shoji."

Shoji walked over to where Sohpia was crying on Mami. Stupid, there's no sense in crying. Even if she felt it was her fault, it wasn't. The Tengu's wings? Anyone could see them. If she didn't want to help the Tengu, the Tengu wouldn't help her. If all she wanted was to live a normal life, she could, but she would be eaten alive the next day. You can't be normal anymore.

"Come on." Shoji reached down and picked up Sophia in his arms, resting her head in his chest. His clothes were torn were he was bit, but no one seemed to mind him or his injuries anymore. He certainly didn't. "Stop your crying. Please Sophie, just come with me. I'll protect you."

Closer, he wanted to hug her with every ounce of comfort, but he couldn't. In his arms rested a tortured girl in need of protecting, and he was going to do just that. If he could save her all those years ago, he could do it again. It would last longer this time, maybe even forever.

"I promise, I will protect you, but you have to come with us." Shoji whispered, only for the girl to hear. He switched his attention to Mami, his irritation setting back in, "Guard a path for us back to the estate. I don't need anyone to see me all bloodied up."

"Yes Master." Mami followed close behind Shoji as he locked up the house, Sohpie still in his arms. Even if she faught, he could keep her back with just one hand. As soon as the front door closed, it's lock clicking, Mami took her pace ahead. By some force people parted and turned their heads as the man carried the girl back to the estate.

(I give you free reign to destroy anything in the estate, or freak out until you punch someone. Have fun.)
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 pm

Sophie felt the light comfort in being leaned against the woman, feeling bad for getting so upset at everyone. Sooner or later, she would have to apologize to everyone. It was so out of character for her, yet she felt so astrange in this new enviroment.

Everything the woman was saying made sense, but for some reason she just didn't want to believe it. Perhaps it actually was safer, but what if those wolf things followed her?

Before she could even think of the possiblities, she heard Shoji's voice soon after feeling arms slip under her body, picking her up. As she leaned her head on his chest, she felt a lot more comforted, and as if his words were magic, she managed to stop crying. She looked out across from her as everybody started to assemble to do what they were told.

I'll protect you Did he mean it? Would everything be alright now? Although she was still worried, his voice still calmed her. It was like his voice just had a certain tone of protectiveness (sp), and kindness that everything just went numb. But it didn't stop the multiple questions ringing in her mind.

"What are you really?" She asked passively, moving her head back a bit to fully look at him, "To be honest, I knew from the first time I saw you at my door you were trouble..." She mumbled, only loud enough for him to hear.

A few seconds pass, "Wait.....I forgot my Chocolate!!!" She exclaimed with a mindful horror. "Aww, I know this whole situation is important, but I need my chocolate!" She whinned pitifully.

(Haha, I wanted to lighten up the mood a tad. ;D)
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:40 pm

I tell this girl I'll protect her, get bitten by a Kitsune and nearly poisoned by it, am very close to losing an important member of my clan all for this girl and she tell's me she's forgotten chocolate? Unreal.

"We aren't getting you chocolate. However, someone at the estate can get you some." Shoji tried not to show just how irritated he really was. It wasn't working. "I'll tell you what I am at a more opportune moment, so please, just try to relax."

Climbing the steep base of the mountain to the estate was difficult in human form for Shoji. It would've been easier to fly as usual, but that would mean revealing too much to Sohpia all at once. Frying this special girl's mind with an overload of secrets would be too much at once.

Mami was waiting calmly, once she had gotten out of sight, she flew up to the estate. A smile was plastered onto her face as she welcomed the two home. The door slid open from the other side where the entire household could be seen peaking from behind paper walls. They were all curious about their human guest.

Nao emerged from the far end of the hallway, an unfamiliar scent following close behind. "Ah, Master you've returned."

"Nao, what is that smell? It's very..." Shoji had no words for the smoke-like smell invading his nostrils. There was no link to whether or not he actually liked it.

"Ah r-right. I heard our guest was a f-foreigner, from the Americas, so I thought it m-might be appropriate to have an American dish. Today's lunch will be an assortment of grilled meats, grilled corn, and mashed potatoes. For dessert, a chocolate p-pudding. Just for the young lady of course. I've prepared a pot of tea for you as well master."

Nao smiled at Sohpie, hoping maybe a small token of his appreciation would calm her. How he knew she liked chocolate was an ability of Nao's. Not an ability to predict the future, but he could see others. A small pond that sat out back served as the 'screen' of sorts. As long as Nao was the one staring into the pond, everyone could watch something somewhere else.

"Good job Nao." Shoji nodded his head in approval, and quickly found it upon him self to move Sophia to the dining room, before anyone else had the chance to gawk. At least when they were forced to gather they could do it in silence.

Shoji slid open the door and placed Sohpie onto a pillow at his righthand side. He of course, always sat at the head. "Sit like this, please." He demonstrated that she should sit with her feet tucked under her body. "But if it gets to be uncomfortable, you may put your feet in front of you." Even if she was a foreigner, he didn't feel the need to joke around about proper dining etiquette.

"Lunch is almost being served, please head to the d-dining room everyone." Nao stumbled back into the room, bowed, and ran back out. "I just have t-to get it off of the grill."

"Just act as if we're all normal people, because honestly, we're all as human as you are." Shoji smiled briefly. Here, she was safe at least.

Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Obviously she could see his irritation, and honestly at the minute she didn't mind. After what happened in the last few hours, comfort food would have been amazing. But then again, after being attacked, she had lost most of her mind. Yeah, therapy. Perhaps she might be able to start talking with the spirits about these problems.

As soon as the home estate popped into view, it seemed that Sophie's eyes glistened, "This is such a beautiful place" She said softly to herself as she was continuned to be carried inside. As they went inside, she did in fact notice many faces appear from paper walls, which made her even more curious to as why Shoji would hide himself from her. She already saw his wings...now what?

Another thing was the smell as soon as they got closer to the food. All American. She could perhaps recognize the smell ANYWHERE.

At the sound of an unfamilar voice, she turned her head towards it, probably the chief from the looks of him. Yup, american food, and the menu sounded absolutely amazing. Especially after how long it had been since she started her all-ramen diet.

At Nao's smile, she returned it back with an even bigger one. Perhaps there were really friendly people here afterall. She might just survive.

Being carried around almost felt like a luxary being so comfortable, but as soon as she was put down, she managed to stumble a bit, her legs a bit numb. After instructions on how to sit down correctly, she bent her bare feet under her butt, and plopped down.

Shoji's words seemed quite humourous to her at the time, "Only if I can, forgive me if I start to imagine them all with wings" She stated, giving him a coy expression.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:36 pm

"We'll tell you about the Wings later." Shoji hushed her. Slowly, everyone filed into the room. One glance past the door and you could see all of the excitement that showed on the entirety of the house.

The only ones missing were Katsu, who was sent to track the Kitsune, Ren, and Madoka. If luck was on their side, Ren would return with good news. Hisoka was missing from the table, but it was a normal occurance, concidering

"S-sine it's a little late, Dinner will also be later in the evening." Nao bowed his head upon re-entering the room, with trays of grilled corn and burgers.

There was only one grilled fish, which he respectfully placed in front of Shoji before sliding some corn onto the side of the dish. Follwing up quickly, he placed a large assortment of trays in front of Sohpia. Pork, chicken, a large hamburger, and a plate of corn, three whole ears of it.

"T-terribly sorry, but I couldn't predict how much you would eat." Nao smiled again.

The rest of the house served themselves. No one, excluding Ryo and Ryuu, really knowing how to eat any of it. Forks replaced the standard chopstick, which threw the entire table off. Naturally, they wanted to sit next to Sophia and show of their 'American eating habits'. In placement, Shoji was at the head of the table, Sohpia to his right. Akihito was usually the one to sit at the right, but was just as pleased on the left.

With some miricaulous skill, Shoji managed to eat anything in front of him with chopsticks. He just hoped Sohpia really wasn't imagining everyone with wings right now.

Everyone had questions to ask of their own, and something to say.

"Welcome to the estate, Miss Sophia. My name is Akihito. It's a pleasure to meet you." Even though he was sitting down, he managed a polite bow.

"My name is Mami, welcome." Mami and Sohpia were already aquainted, if only partially.

"Oh, I'm N-Nao." Nao was finally joining the table, taking his usual spot next to Mami.

"Yuji here." As soon as the pervert spoke, everyone told him to mind his manners. Shamefully, he ducked his head down. Even if he was a pervert, he didn't like being pinned so quickly.

"That's Ryo, the older one." The younger sibling said.

"That's Ryuu, the younger one." The older one said, "We're not twins. The twins aren't here right now."

"That's right. Normally there are four others who join us as well, Miss Sophie." Akihito put down his burger, somewhat glad to not have to touch greasy food. "Katsu is the older man you saw earlier today. You may have caught a glimpse of Ren, and... Madoka. Madoka has a brother, a twin, named Hisoka. He should be in around now--"

"Shoji... where are Ren and Madoka?" Hisoka had snuck in so quietly, everyone had failed to notice the presence. "They didn't come back today, but I saw them, in the garden. Madoka didn't look too good either. She was there too." Hisoka pointed to Sophia.

"That's impossible, 'Soka, they never stopped by the house." Mami sighed. She knew they wouldn't have had the time to stop at the house with Madoka's injury.

"W-where did you see them, Hisoka?" Nao asked seriously, despite his stuttering.

"In the koi pond." Hisoka pointed out the door, towards where the pond sad, "I can show you again."

Nao quickly stood and made the boy drag him to where he saw them. Sure enough, it was the same pool where Nao had earlier watched Shoji and Sohpia, learning of her love of chocolate.

They ran back together, Nao panicked (sp-weird word). Hisoka was just grasping the situation. "What happened to Madoka?" In a rare moment of emotion, small tears fell down the child's face. "Where's my sister Shoji?"

(Note: I'll get some sort of table arrangement later. Please look forward to it.)
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:44 pm

After being greeted by so many people, she felt exhausted. Both mentally, and physically. At least by this point, both her stomach and mind was satisfied with the current situation...for the moment.

Another boy walked in, and started talking about Ren and Madoka, about seeing them earlier. There wasn't any way from what was even thinkable. Listening to the conversation, she was only looking for any current situation of Madoka, but nothing was sounding too good.

Everyone started talking very loudly to one another, Shoji seeming to be the head of all the shouts, and panic. Everyone seemed to be worried about Madoka.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the restroom" She chimed in softly, pouposly making it so no one would have probably even heard. Sure she felt bad about what she was about to do, but she knew she would be fine...she was just caught off guard.

"I'm sure I can find a baseball bat somewhere in the garage" She mumbled a bit as she quickly slid the paper door open just a crack, and close right after she slipped through.

Finding the exit was the easy part, she made sure of that as she was being carried into the estate. Luckily as soon as she got outside, there was no one in sight, causing to sigh in relief as she slowly made her way through the grounds towards the entrance.

Considering the estate was on the bottom side of a mountain, everything seemed quite down hill in perspective.

After making it past the entrance, she was home sweet home, or so she thought as she began to run. Hair whipped past her face as she turned left off the path where about a minute away was a small cover of trees.

After a minute of running, she found herself hiding behind a tree, panting. She was not prepared for the sudden thoughts she was thinking.

Memories of Shoji as he protected her from Eiji. Red eyes, coal black wings...What were they? Demons? The thought sent chills down her spine as she took a deep breath and started running further into the minature forest. Hopefully they wouldn't be able to find her where trees were...even if they could fly...

Please don't let them hurt me...
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:18 pm

"Shoji." Yuji whispered to the master.

"As I was saying, Akihito." Shoji ignored the pestering pervert. Still, he also thought he should go looking for Sohphia. The estate was large, and the bathroom was out of the way. Was it even possible she'd gotten lost this quickly?

"Shoji." Yuji whispered again.
"Shoji... "Nao chimed in. He'd seen something else on his glance into the kitchen sink. Funny how his power kicked in around any water source.

"What?" Shoji cracked his knuckles as he stared down the pervert. Nao couldn't help but laugh.

"The miss is, well, missing." Yuji pointed to where their guest was, a few minutes ago. Or half an hour ago.

"She said she had to go to the bathroom. So she's in the bathroom." There was no reason to doubt her intentions, was there?

"Well. I watched her leave... " Yuji recieved a firm smack from Mami, "Let me finish! She took a left. The bathroom is to the right. You see, she never came back. Nao over here saw her in the dirty dish water, and she was headed down. The wrong way down."

"Damnit, why didn't you say something earlier?" Shoji shot up from his spot. If Sophia kept on traveling the way Yuji implied, it would lead her to Kitsune territory. "Finish without me, Akihito, get your ass together and come with me."

Akihito took one last bite of his food and placed it onto the plate, now soaked in foreign, smoked grease. "Of course, however, you need to calm down first."

"Hell no!" Shoji burst through the roof of the estate, a pair of wings, black as night, shot out of his back.

Stupid, stupid, idiot! What did I tell you? It's dangerous and I can't protect you if I can't find you.

--------

"Eiji!" Katsu pulled his worn katana from his sheath once more. They'd been at it all afternoon, exchanging blows, Katsu mostly on the recieving side. For an Elite war machine, he was failing his master pretty badly.

"Come on, little sparrow!" Eiji cooed, his own insult to the great Tengu. His chest had long been healed by Kitsune clansmen, so he'd been playing with Katsu. So far they'd danced around the entire mountain, neither side giving up.

"Shut up ya dog! Come out and face me like a man." Katsu screamed into the mountan side.

Suddenly there was a presence, a scared human, hiding out. Had he not sensed the human, Katsu almost would have chopped down the tree she was hiding behind. Upon closer inspection he saw the waves of brown hair, swirled around a flustered face. Sophie.

"Stupid! What're ya doing here?" Katsu yelled at her. It was her, right? "Get out of here before he comes back!"

"Surprise." Eiji whispered behind Katsu before he did something surprising. He flipped to Katsu's front and stabbed himself. In that same moment he threw Katsu deep into the mountain rock, he didn't move.

Eiji pretended to stumble over to Sophia, throwing himself at her feet, even tossing aside his sword. A stupid, yet clever, gesture of his fake peace. He held a hand out to her, hoping she would take it.

"Please, don't listen to the murdering Tengu clan, please. They kidnapped you, I was trying to protect you!" Eiji's face was the perfect portrayal of pain and pleading. "Please, I'll take you back to the Kitsune clan, you'll be safe. But, if you prefer, just stay here and I will protect you from them all. You can be normal. All of those monsters, we can get rid of them. Just help me."

In a last ditch attempt, he pretended to cripple and fell to the earthy forest floor. It was all up to her now.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:24 am

By the time she had realized the noises she had been hearing were swords scratching against each other, she had hid behind a tree. Truely, she was quite puzzled with the situation, but still scared none the less.

A voice shook her out of her thoughts as she turned around, face to face with one of Shoji's men she guessed. Her eyes widened fearfully, knowing something was supremely wrong with the situation.

Before she could even open her mouth, Eiji was suddenly between them, and all she could see was a blade being thrust into Katsu's body. The sudden scare caused her to shriek loudly. In the back of her mind, the whole scene with Madoka replayed, causing anger, but no voice to represent it.

But then Eiji had turned towards her, and seemed truely in pain, and in hurt. She didn't trust him, for one she remembered the story about the three little pigs, and she wasn't going anywhere near this wolf's house. Wolf or not. But as Eiji fell to the ground, she made up her mind there. She wasn't mean enough to kill the creature, but she had to be careful. Slowly she knelt down, studying him.

He looked harmless enough, but even a wolf without his head is still a formidable foe. At closer inspection, she noticed sword cuts, perhaps from...Katsu. Poor Katsu...what would happen when...

She refused to think about it. Now taking action, she stood back up and with a quick motion, ripped the side half of the tank top she was wearing, making sure it had none of Shoji's blood on it.

Quickly she kneeled back down, wrapped it around his wounded arm, and tied it.

"Silly wolf, I may just look like a stupid child, but I don't trust neither side of you...no one has yet to tell me the truth, silly trickster...I pity you...I don't know what you are, but I will not let you hurt anyone ever again for me...leave Shoji's people alone, and then try and find me again...next time I promise things will go differently.." She growled at the man who layed at the floor beneath her.

Silently she turned around, running towards the mountain side where poor Katsu was thrown off. Her heart sunk lowly at the sight...another one...because of her actions. Perhaps it really was for the best to give herself up to one of them.

Trying not to dwell on the fact, she suddenly found herself on a new idea. The time where Shoji had wanted her blood, and how it seemed to revive him. It was perfect! By this time she got up, and started sprinting towards where Katsu's body was. What she found was the poor bloodied man on the ground.

Quickly, she turned to look around for a rock. What she found was perfect. With one hand (her good left one) she reached over, grabbing the shart jagged weapon steadily in her hand. She held out the palm that bore the light layer of dried blood in multiple cuts. Still fresh enough she only hoped.

In a quick run through, she slashed the rock up into the center of her hand, causing her to cry out painfully as a thin line of blood meandered down her arm, gathering at her elbow. Shoji and Madoka found something special in her, now it was her time to help, but what did she have to do?

(She doesn't have her hand near his mouth, btw)
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 am

Shoji landed himself next to Eiji. If he was down, it meant Katsu had won, but also that an army of Kitsune clansman would soon be on the lookout for this one man. Surely even a pack of wild dogs could find one girl. So he just had to be faster.

Sprawled on the ground, his hand was reaching out for something, but what? What was so important that Eiji would leave himself defenseless to reach for? Then it hit him, Sophia, duh.

Before he had time to react, a scream echoed down the hills. Tiny spirits floated towards the screams, which meant Sophie had been stupid enough to charge into the fight after all.

There was nothing to do but take off running before Shoji lept into the air to soar, his broad wings keeping him in the air. The tops of the trees cut off most of the view. Lush green running this way and that across the dark mountain, but in seconds his Tengu eyes spotted the crater of an impact with two shadowed figures at it's core. He charged, landing feet away from Katsu, and Sophia.

"You..." Shoji's entire body shook, even his wings twitched with waves of incredible emotion. Crimson eyes burned bright as they stared down the poor girl, "Sophie."

He must have looked frightened, even the downed Katsu shut his eyes tight. All the girl could do was hold up her hands, which were covered in her own blood. The instigator of the cut being a sharp rock in her hand.

Sophia couldn't help but scream as Shoji came towards her, even when he wrapped his arms around her body and tucked his head into her shoulder, still stained with his blood. His wings folded on his own back into his body, but his eyes stayed lit with red, betrayal. Even if there had never been much trust from her, he felt betrayed.

"I told you, it was dangerous. You're special, and everyone will try to kill you. I tell you that I'll protect you, and you cast aside my promises like dirt." Shoji, even with his head buried in her shoulder, was still furious. No matter how he held her now, with his sweet embrace, he was downright furious. "When you run away like that, it scares me to death, to think that a human being is going to die, because I couldn't save her. I promised I'd protect you, and now look at me. You've managed to piss of the head of the Tengu clan. You're one hell of a girl Sophia, I can't believe how stupid you are."

"I promise, the spirits will go away for a while." The boy in the kimono smiled at the little girl, lost in an alley. "But they won't go away forever. I'm sorry."

"Why not?" Young Sophia pouted. The spirits that had chased her into the alley were gone, thanks to this man. She'd gotten lost at the market, her parents were probably looking everywhere to find her, when the spirits overwhelmed her. Spirits clinging to the girl was an everyday occurance, but a pack of them was just too many, and she couldn't take it.

"They're just attracted to you, cutie." The boy pinched her cheek. She tried to pout, but eventually ended up smiling. The spirits were all gone now. "Shall we go find your parents?"

The boy took hold of the girl's hand and for that moment his eyes turned bright red. Not an evil blood color, but the color of bright red roses, just unfolding in the summer. Warm, not dangerous.

"Maybe I'll come back, make the nasty spirits go away for good. How does that sound? You can be my special bride, and you can have all the chocolate in the world!"

As soon as he came to disperse the spirits he was gone. There was nothing to remember him by but the face. The spirits didn't come around for weeks, and even in lesser numbers than ever.

All those years ago he'd made a promise to her, as silly as it sounded at the time. This girl would be his bride, and could have all of the chocolate in the world. No matter what he would protect her, because somewhere in those years of thinking about the girl in the market, somewhere in meeting her again and letting those same eyes stare at him, just somewhere along the years he thought he'd fallen in love.

"I know you don't want to stay with us, I know you want to be normal, I know! But you aren't." Shoji lifted his head and leaned his forehead to hers, letting his swirling red eyes talk for him. Eyes of roses. "So please, come with me. I don't want to force you, I just want to protect you."

With great care, Shoji lifted her injured hand and kissed the wound. To her surprise, it slowly healed itself, the skin closing back together. He meant her no harm. He turned to face her, and leaned his head back to hers. He closed his eyes, hoping she would find some reason in his words.

(p.s. Katsu is totally fine, he's a TAAAANKKK)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story.   The Story. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Story.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demon :: Stories :: Black Bird spinoff-
Jump to: